Sunday, December 12, 2010

Breastfeeding...

More and More mommies are breastfeeding now a days. If you are an expecting mom to be, and you want to be successful breastfeeding your baby.

I would recommend : That you ask your OBGYN, or if you have already established a pediatrician, ask how long should you breastfeed. Most will say you should exclusively breastfeed your newborn until they are at least six months old.

Keep in mind: The longer you breastfeed your baby the more you will be passing on your protective antibodies. Your antibodies will help to protect your baby from infection caused by the flu.

Breastfeeding is just as rewarding to your baby as it is to you. Did you know breastfeeding can decrease the risk to breast and ovarian cancers. Now keep in mind lower risk does not mean no risk.

Happy Baby, Happy Mommy!

For more information you may find this resource useful: www.cdc.gov/breastfeeding

6 comments:

  1. Hello, just came by from TwitterMoms and I'm following you now on Twitter. Your blog is pretty, I like it a lot.

    Now, my opinion on breastfeeding: it's a very rewarding experience for the mom if you get it right. I had lots of problems breastfeeding my olderst DS at first since he was born very ill, but after 3 months we managed to start breastfeeding and it was great! I breastfed him until he was 18 months old and his brother until he was 30 months old. With the right information and support most moms can breastfeed.

    Have a great week!
    /Blanca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good post! Just came by form TwitterMoms to follow you but I already do :) Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stina - I wish I had your blog for support when I was trying to breastfeed. IT is definitely best for baby but not always easy or natural to everyone. I love all the tips and advice you give on your blog. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Breastfeeding is such an important thing that people are quick to overlook. Thank you for supporting such a good thing! I am new to your blog, but can't wait to read more :)

    www.themomami.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with you. It is so beneficial for the child. I was able to breast feed for 9 months. No bottles. He went from breast to cup!
    Look forward to following you.

    Diane Busey-Bird
    http://smoothskinbydiane.myrandf.com (products)
    http://smoothskinbydiane.myrandf.biz (biz opp.)
    http://smoothskinbydiane.blogspot.com (blog)

    ReplyDelete